Physical Plant

The McKee Physical Plant, located at the bottom of Gall Way, houses the maintenance, housekeeping and grounds departments.

The Wilson College Physical Plant crew is always hard at work; from mowing grass to painting the residence halls to upgrading the electric across campus. 


Physical Plant Policies

The Maintenance Department specializes in heating/cooling, carpentry, painting, plumbing, locksmith, electrical/mechanical and pest control.

The Grounds Department is responsible for snow removal, road work, parking lot care, tree care, athletic field care and general grounds maintenance.

Staff and Faculty - To submit a work order complete a form here

Students - If you have a repair need, please submit a request to your RA by calling her or leaving her a note, phone message or email.

If you have an EMERGENCY repair order, you should dial "2013" on any campus phone and press "1" for an emergency between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. After office hours, dial 372-2255 and report the problem to the Safety Officer on duty. Emergency repairs would include anything involving water, plumbing, electrical problems (with the exception of a burned out light bulb) or heating. Emergency work orders are attended to immediately.


The campus heating system is turned on in September or October depending on the outside temperatures. The temperature in the dorms is set at 68-70 degrees during the day and is taken down to 68 degrees after midnight. The heat comes on only when the building is calling for heat. If the outside temperature is above 65 degrees, the heat will not come on. Please make sure that all windows are closed and latched properly during the heating season because there are “sensors” placed throughout the buildings that determine whether a building needs heat; an open window can give a false reading. If you believe you are having heat problems, please contact your RA or call our office. If you are too cold or too hot in the evening, please notify the Campus Safety office and they will check it out. If they find a problem, they will contact the Physical Plant employee on call.

Phone Service

Students wishing to have landline phone service within their room should submit an online phone request by the pre-semester deadlines posted.  Charges for landline service will be billed to the student’s account.  If you have problems with your phone, please report the problem to your RA.

Voice Messaging Service  If you opt to have a landline phone in your room, you will have access to one voice mail service.  To access the voice mail in your room, dial #5000 and the automated attendant will talk you through the steps. Your temporary password is 11 and then your phone extension.  You will need to change your password to any 6-digit number that is easy for you to remember. You have the option of recording a personal greeting by pressing 8* after you listen to your messages.  If you have any problems accessing your voicemail, you may call the Physical Plant office at ext. 2013. 

Bed bunking

In August, all beds for returning students are bunked as they requested the previous spring. In September, a day is set aside for any new students to have their beds bunked by one of our staff members. Aside from these specific times, room set-ups are taken “as is”. Please contact Student Services if you need special accommodations.


No moving services are available.

Vending Machines

If you have difficulty with a campus vending machine, please contact your RA or contact the Dining Services office.

Clothes Washers/Dryers

Coin operated washers and dryers are available in each dorm.  These machines are maintained by an outside contractor.  If you notice a problem with a machine, please contact your RA.  

Vacuum Cleaners

Vacuum cleaners are available on each dorm floor for student use. Please check and empty the canister before and after each use. 

Snow Removal

Snow removal on our campus is coordinated with the cooperation and patience of all campus residents. Every effort is made to clear campus sidewalks and roadways during and after a snow event in a timely manner. You may be asked to move your vehicle to allow snow plows access to parking lots. If you notice a problem area that needs attention, please contact the Safety Office or our office.


If you have any questions or problems with parking issues, please contact the Campus Safety.


Please contact the Resident Life Director regarding any key requests. Any faculty or staff key requests need Cabinet level approval and then can be requested via a work order to Physical Plant.

Fire Alarms

Please contact the Campus Safety with any questions or problems with the fire alarms. The officer on duty will contact the Physical Plant if repairs are needed.

Wilson College
1015 Philadelphia Ave.
Chambersburg, PA 17201
QUESTIONS?      |      1015 Philadelphia Ave., Chambersburg, PA 17201      |      717-264-4141      |