Apply To Be A Resident Assistant
Resident Assistants do amazing things within their communities. If you're looking for a way to get involved, meet people, and have a positive, lasting impact on your campus, we encourage you to join our Residence Life team!
Our Resident Assistants are a vital part of making the Wilson community a vibrant, warm, welcoming space. Through the Resident Assistant experience, students learn tools transferable to and valuable within any professional field. Our RAs are challenged to manage a full schedule, prioritize, and excel in all they do. They practice communication, mediation, and facilitation skills that make them more effective leaders, students, and friends. A tight-knit group, our staff operates as a team in the truest sense of the word, learning how to handle conflicts professionally while supporting each other in all their endeavors.
The RA role is meant to stretch and grow you in a variety of ways, helping us build effective, heatlthy communities as well as preparing you for a lifetime of involvement and leadership. It is one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences you will ever have in college. We hope that you will consider joining our team!
Eligibility Requirements for RA Position:
- Maintain a 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA.
- Have lived on the Wilson College campus for no less than one year and have no less than sophomore standing by the start of employment.
- Must be and remain in good social standing (no current honor code violations).
- Expected to uphold and model the Honor Principle and Honor Code.
- Commit to the position for the entire academic year (Fall & Spring semesters).
- Must be a full-time Undergraduate College student and reside on campus in assigned RA space for entire term of employment.
Staff Selection Information
Applications for Resident Assistants will be available to students on December 2, 2019. Please find more information below.
Position Descriptions and Expectations
Please review these materials prior to submitting an application. These documents are subject to change.
Resident Assistant Position Description
- Attend an information session:
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 12pm-1pm
- Thursday, January 30, 2020 9:15pm-10:15pm
- Fill out an online application form; due February 14, 2020
- Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com; due February 14, 2020
- Have three references submitted on your behalf; due February 14, 2020
- One reference from a current or previous employer
- One reference from a current RA
- One reference from a Wilson College faculty or staff member
- February 14, 2020: Application materials due
- February 23, 2020: Group Process
- February 26, 2020 – March 6, 2020: Individual Interviews
- March 13, 2020: Offer letters sent