User Support Specialist
Wilson College is seeking a full time User Support Specialist. This position will report directly to the AVP of Technology and Library Services. The User Support Specialist will be responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of customer services by providing high quality technology support to faculty, staff, and students. Specific duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide first-level telephone support and on-site technology support for faculty, staff, and students, including troubleshooting on computing and instructional media technologies
- Work within the campus community to promote excellent customer service, effective response times and provide expert insights into general support issues. Enforce quality of service guidelines for dealing with customers, completing services, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development and deployment of desktop images
- Perform hardware diagnostics, routine moves, adds and changes
- Provide installation and maintenance of desktop platforms including printers and mobile devices
- Assist in the planning and development of new instructional multimedia classrooms
- Assist in the acquisition and maintenance of new and current multimedia equipment
- Schedule and oversee the delivery of Instructional Media equipment
- Supervise work study students for IT User Support Services
- Collaborate with other IT staff to provide high-quality technology services
- Participate as an active member in cross-functional teams as assigned
- Be available for evening and weekend campus events. IT provides 24x7 support for critical systems
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree is preferred and/or equivilent combination of relative education and experience. The following criteria will also be considered in applicant review:
- 3 – 5 years experience with providing desktop support in a distributed client/server environment and MS Office applications
- Proficient in desktop technology including PC hardware, Windows 7 and later, and Mac OS X and later.
- Good understanding of Windows 2008 server technology along with Ethernet and TCP/IP
- Experience in instructional media equipment such as smart classrooms, data projectors, video conferencing systems is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
It is the policy of Wilson College to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital/familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other protected characteristic applicable under law. The college complies with all relevant federal, state, and local laws, as well as, all regulations regarding nondiscrimination. Specifically, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Wilson College prohibits all sexual misconduct in all areas including educational programs and activities.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Submit cover letter, resume, and references to Jose Dieudonne Wilson College, 1015 Philadelphia Avenue, Chambersburg, PA 17201 or send to Jose.Dieudonne@wilson.edu.