Technical Support Analyst
Wilson College is seeking a full time Technical Support Analyst. This position will report directly to the AVP of Technology and Library Services. The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for implementing, maintaining, supporting, and developing technology focusing on multimedia applications, smart and active learning classrooms, video conferencing, recording studio, distance learning classrooms, PC hardware, and software.
- Provide first and second level telephone support and on-site technology support for faculty, staff, and students, including troubleshooting on computing and instructional media technologies (smart classrooms, video conferencing, etc.)
- Provide installation and maintenance of desktop platforms including printers and mobile devices. Responsible for the development and deployment of desktop images.
- Scheduling and deployment of media equipment, sound system for academic and non-academic environments.
- Provide support and troubleshooting of all smart and active learning classrooms and multimedia equipment, computer labs, and conference rooms.
- Investigate and recommend multimedia items for the university, and assist in the procurement of new technologies. Provide support and supervision of weekend activities such as Open Houses, Student activities events, and other campus weekend functions. Be available for evening and weekend.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with academic/administrative departments and student organizations.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the AVP for Technology and Library Services.
Bachelor's Degree is preferred and/or equivilent combination of relative education and experience. The following criteria will also be considered in applicant review:
- Strong customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Professionalism and the ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in the area of networked multimedia equipment (Data Projectors, VCRs, DVDs, Audio/Video Conferencing, Document Cameras, Streaming Media, etc.)
- Proficient in desktop technology including PC hardware, Active Directory, Windows 7 and later, and Mac OS X and later, and MS-Office applications
- Good understanding of Windows server technology along with Ethernet and TCP/IP
- Experience with web-based ticketing systems such Sys-Aid
- Experience with the creation and installation of smart classrooms
- Experience with providing desktop support in a distributed client/server environment
It is the policy of Wilson College to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital/familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other protected characteristic applicable under law. The college complies with all relevant federal, state, and local laws, as well as, all regulations regarding nondiscrimination. Specifically, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Wilson College prohibits all sexual misconduct in all areas including educational programs and activities.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Submit cover letter, resume, and references to Jose Dieudonne, AVP for Technology and Library Services, Wilson College, 1015 Philadelphia Avenue, Chambersburg, PA 17201 or send to Jose.Dieudonne@wilson.edu.