Tutoring services are offered free of charge to ALL Wilson students during fall and spring semesters. The ASC hires faculty-approved peer tutors to hold both one-on-one and small group sessions.
Spring 2018 Tutoring Subjects
To view a complete Spring 2018 schedule, click here.
Reasons to Consider Tutoring
- At the first sign that you are having trouble in the course
- When you are having trouble organizing notes or deciding what to study for a test
- When your grades on tests are much lower than expected
- Whenever your instructor suggests tutoring
- When you feel confused or unprepared for an upcoming test and need someone to help review the material
- When the instructor's teaching style and your learning style are not the best fit and you need someone who might offer another approach to the material
- As soon as you receive a low-grade report. Don't wait until the last week or two of the semester!
- If you have an Academic Success Plan for the semester
Items to Bring to a Tutor Session
- Course syllabus
- Assignments or homework you are having problems with
- Specific questions
- Writing supplies (pencil and paper)
Please give the tutor a grace period of 15 minutes before leaving a scheduled tutor session.