Director of Counseling
Wilson College invites applicants for the Director of Counseling position. Reporting to the Vice President of Student Development/Dean of Students, the Director of Counseling works closely with the Office of Student Development to provide students in all populations with comprehensive support through individual and group counseling and a variety of campus-wide programming. The Director leads in effectively implementing existing programs and initiating proposals for new, high quality, innovative ones that foster leadership and community advancement. The Director provides an atmosphere conducive to empowering students to take charge of their own mental health and well-being. The Director works in close consultation with the Vice President of Student Development/Dean of Students, students, faculty, and staff to accomplish these goals, in keeping with Wilson’s mission and college-wide strategic plan.
Requirements for this position are as follows:
- Master’s degree in counseling, specializing in college counseling.
- Holds a current PA license as an LPC, LCSW, and/or LMFT or is PA license eligible within one year of date of hire. Knowledge of Student Development Theory preferred.
- 2-3 years relevant experience. Experience working with the college student population strongly preferred.
- Superior counseling skills including individual and group therapy, sound interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other offices on campus.
- Excellent administrative and supervisory skills. Demonstrated experience in providing supervision to non-licensed counseling staff.
This is a full time, benefit eligible, 10 months per year position. All qualified candidates interested in applying should send all materials, including a cover letter, resume/CV, and three references, to Mary Beth Williams, Dean of Students, 1015 Philadelphia Avenue, Chambersburg, PA 17201 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through October 3, 2017.