Community Service Hours Guidelines
- All Scholars are expected to be in compliance with teh Wilson College Honor Principle at all times
- Scholars must complete a total of 260 community service hours for the year (July 1-June 30)
- A maximum of 60 hours per year can be completed over breaks in your home community
- A maximum of 40 hours per semester can be completed on campus
- A minimum of 10 hours per year must be spent staffing the Sarah’s Cupboard student food pantry. These can be in addition to your maximum of 40 on-campus hours.
- A maximum of 3 hours per week can be completed serving as baby sitters for the Single Parent Scholar Program
- The rest of the hours must be completed within in the larger Chambersburg community
- Scholars may not count any service that is otherwise required of you (example: for a class or because you are in trouble with the law) or that is for club fundraising purposes.
- In order to receive scholarship money for spring term 130 hours must be completed by January 1st, or a written plan must be in place with the chaplain to achieve the 260 total by May
- All scholars must attend the beginning of the semester events (you do get hours for it)
- All scholars new to program must meet with the chaplain in September to disucss their plan for completing their hours
- All scholars must take 2 religion and/or philosophy courses before graduation
- Hours must be signed up a supervisor and turned in to the chaplain monthly (hours completed 60 days or more before turn-in won't count)
Questions? Contact the chaplain: (717) 264-2062