Our residence halls offer students close-knit, welcoming spaces to study, hang out, explore, or even to just relax. Each hall features a common kitchen, coin-free laundry facilities, as well as a lounge with cable TV, study spaces, wi-fi, and a computer lab.
Each student room is furnished with a twin bed, dresser, desk, and desk chair for each student. All residence halls are open to all students based on availability. Students of all class years have the option of selecting the room type (quad, triple, open double, or divided double) that best suits their needs.
Singles are limited to ADA accommodations and must go through our Housing Accommodations process for approval. SPS Program participants always have their own individual suite.
Click on the residence hall name to view a PDF of the building floor plan.
McElwain / Davison Hall - This building was completed in 1956, replacing "Old Main", a previous residence hall. Originally named new Main Hall, the two "halves" of the residence were renamed in 1965 in memory of two of the college's most distinguished alumnae. McElwain was named in memory of Mary Belle McElwain, Class of 1895, who served as a Wilson College faculty member, trustee, Acting Dean, and Acting President. Davison Hall was named after Charlotte I. Davison, Class of 1897, who served as a mathematics professor at Wilson from 1903-1946. Referred to by students as "Mac/Dav", this residence hall sits atop Lenfest Commons, the student union. Mac/Dav is comprised of singles and open-double rooms laid out as two floors of two wings each joined by a central lounge. During the 2013-2014 academic year, Mac/Dav underwent renovations updating infrastructure systems, installing full kitchens on both floors, addition of air conditioning throughout, and updating bathrooms to full ADA accessibility. Mac/Dav also offers elevator access and close proximity to other campus resources and is our first fully ADA accessible residence hall. Typical room size, including closets, is: Open Double - 13' x 17' ; Single - 7'7" x 17'4".
Disert Hall—Located on the south end of campus between Prentis Hall and Rosenkrans Hall, Disert was built in 1965 and dedicated in honor of Margaret Criswell Disert '20. Miss Disert served as instructor of mathematics, as Registrar, advisor, and as Dean of the College. Renovations to Disert Hall were completed in 1996.
The first floor of Disert houses Single Parent Scholar students in two-room suites. Each room within the suite is approximately 11'11" x 15'9" (bathroom and closets are included in that dimension). This floor shares common kitchen, lounge, study, laundry, computer, and playroom spaces. SPS Housing info
Disert 2nd & 3rd floor boast a fully-equipped kitchen, two spacious bathrooms, a comfortable, semi-private lounge, as well as large laundry and computer rooms. All the rooms on these floors are divided doubles, meaning they have a built-in divider of dressers, closets, and bookshelves that separates the room into two evenly-sized sections. This arrangement offers the flexibility to have more individual privacy within a shared space or to design private and public spaces within one room. The built-in divider also provides ample storage without cluttering the room. The total dimensions of each room (including the built-in) is 11'11" x 15'9".
South Hall - Located on the east side of campus between the Alumnae House and Riddle Hall - was constructed in 1899 and was originally called "South College" and housed members of the senior class.
Housing mostly upper class students, South is comprised of three floors of two-room double suites and single-room single suites. Each suite has a private bathroom. Double suite rooms are approximately 11'6" x 15'6" (front room) and 10' x 12' (back room) and house two students total. Single suites are approximately 15' x 14'. South also features several student lounges, computer room, and full-equipped kitchen.
Riddle Hall - Located beside South Hall on the east side of campus - Riddle Hall was built in 1928 and named for Henry Riddle, a trustee from 1900 to 1922. Renovations of Riddle were completed in 1995.
Riddle is the choice of many upper-class students and its suites are comprised of two double rooms (12' x 16') sharing a connecting bathroom (four students total per suite). There are also a few stand-alone double rooms as well as a few single rooms (12' x 11'); some with private bathrooms, a sink and vanity combo, or sharing a "common" bathroom on the hall. Riddle also offers several student lounges, computer ed kitchenroom, and fully-equipp.
Prentis Hall – Located next to Laird Hall, just south of Mac/Dav, Prentis Hall initially served as a traditional student dormitory. Constructed in 1956, with students moving from Main Hall to Prentis in February 1956, the dedication took place June 2, 1956. Prentis was named for H. W. Prentis, Wilson College trustee 1937 to 1957. Prentis was converted to a Women With Children residence in 1997 and 1998. The reconfigured residence hall was dedicated on January 30, 1998 with Pennsylvania First Lady Michelle Ridge participating. Thanks to a generous gift from the Class of 1963, the main Prentis Hall lounge was renovated during the summer and fall of 2009. Beginning in spring 2016, the Women With Children program became co-ed and officially changed the name to the Single Parent Scholar program.
Prentis suites consist of two rooms with a private bath. Each room within the suite is approximately 13'x17' (bathrooms and closets are included in that dimension). Residents share a kitchen, laundry, playroom with TV, and computer lab on each floor. Additional SPS Housing Info
Rosenkrans Hall - Constructed in 1966, Rosenkrans Hall was named for Lillian Rosenkrans, Dean of the College, 1918-1938. Rosenkrans sits along the southern edge of campus next to Disert Hall and serves as a multipurpose space: overflow and break housing, ADP housing, and a handful of departmental offices. ADP students wishing to have more information regarding the housing options available can visit ADP Housing Info online or contact the Director of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rosenkrans underwent renovation during the spring and summer of 2016 to upgrade internal systems, as well as reformat the public spaces to better meet students' needs. Each Rosenkrans floor boasts a fully-equipped kitchen, two spacious bathrooms, a lounge, a semi-private study room, as well as large laundry and computer rooms. All the rooms on these floors are divided doubles, meaning they have a built-in divider of dressers, closets, and bookshelves that separates the room into two evenly-sized sections. This arrangement offers the flexibility to have more individual privacy within a shared space or to design private and public spaces within one room. The built-in divider also provides ample storage without cluttering the room. The total dimensions of each room (including the built-in) is 11'11" x 15'9".